Amideast Egypt and Citi Foundation announced on Sunday the launch of the Youth Entrepreneurship Program II, part of the multi-country Skills for Success: Employability Entrepreneurship Program.
Citi Bank Foundation is renewing its commitment to supporting the Skills for Success programme, with Amideast, through a grant worth $188,000 targeting underserved youth in Egypt.
The Youth Entrepreneurship Program II is a sixteen-month partnership aimed at providing 40 Egyptian youth with training, mentoring and coaching, business incubation, and an opportunity for seed funding.
The programme is designed to support young entrepreneurs in facilitating the development, launch and/or expand viable businesses. The Youth Entrepreneurship Program II is part of the Citi Foundation’s Pathways to Progress global approach designed to prepare urban youth with the career readiness tools and opportunities to thrive in today’s economy.
“We are proud to partner with Amideast and to invest in the youth in Egypt through targeted empowerment programmes,” said Mohamed Abdel Kader, Citi Country Officer in Egypt. “Such programmes catalyse economic growth through Citi Foundation grants and in partnership with reputable regional NGOs.”
“Amideast is a proud to partner with Citi Foundation to implement the Second Youth Entrepreneurship Program in Egypt,” said Shahinaz Ahmed, Country Director of Amideast Egypt.
“Not only will we be supporting 40 Egyptian youth to launch innovation and socially impactful business ideas, but also impact an additional 700 youth through Amideast’s pay it forward model.,” she added.
The Youth Entrepreneurship Program II plays an integrated role in better positioning Egyptian youth in obtaining economic security and therefore, a better future for themselves, their community, and ultimately Egypt.
The programme will provide participants with:
- 216 hours of training in entrepreneurship, business management, and personal development
- Interactive support through mentorship and coaching
- Financial and legal consultation to launch a business in Egyptian opportunity for incubation within a state-of-the-art facility and offices allowing networking and sharing best practices
- Administrative support including access to a hub of interns selected to meet your business needs
- Introduction to innovative methods of funding including crowdfunding
- Access and connection to massive networks established by AMIDEAST’s strong presence in Egypt and the Middle East for over 60 years
- Participation in tailored interactive workshops by leading entrepreneurs
- Advanced training-of-trainers in entrepreneurship to assist others in learning how to start a business
- Opportunity for seed funding for high potential ideas/projects