Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly said on Sunday that the state’s efforts for combating terrorism will not achieve its targets without the security role and achieving comprehensive development.
During his speech before the House of Representatives regarding the renewal of the state of emergency, Madbouly added that the government is exerting extensive efforts at all levels in order to achieve a comprehensive development plan, claiming that these efforts resulted in accomplishing various achievements and restored security and stability.
On Tuesday President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi extended a nationwide state of emergency for three months for the sixth time since it was imposed in April last year.
“Our armed forces and brave policemen are engaging in a decisive war against forces of darkness, in the extensive operation dubbed ‘Sinai 2018,’” said Madbouly, adding that the war against terrorism revealed that Egyptian people are standing behind their leaders and security forces to combat terrorism.
Egypt’s security forces launched on 9 February, the extensive military operation in Sinai, aiming to target dens and ammunition storages which are being used by terrorists, according to the first statement from the armed forces. The operation includes navy, air force, and infantry forces.
The Prime Minister stressed that the cabinet agreed on the extension of the state of emergency for three months amid the state’s efforts in combating terrorism.