Daily News Egypt

Italian man accused of killing Egyptian national referred to trial - Daily News Egypt

Advertising Area




Advertising Area




Italian man accused of killing Egyptian national referred to trial

The court previously released the suspect on bail of EGP 100,000 pending investigations


General Prosecutor Nabil Sadek ratified on Tuesday the Red Sea prosecution department’s decision to refer the Italian tourist accused of killing an Egyptian engineer to the Criminal Court on charges of beating the man to death.

The lawyer of the victim’s family, Ahmed Al-Gendy, told Daily News Egypt that the General Prosecutor also ordered a travel ban on the suspect from leaving Egypt. He added that the decision comes as a response to the request of the family of the Egyptian engineer.

On 11 September, the Red Sea Court released the Italian tourist on bail of EGP 100,000 pending investigations. After releasing him, he tried to leave Egypt, but the authorities prevented him, Al-Gendy added.

The Italian tourist was arrested two months ago and accused of beating Egyptian national Tarek Al-Henawy to death in Marsa Alam in the Red Sea governorate after the victim prevented him from swimming in an under-construction resort where Al-Henawy was the supervisor.

Al-Gendy added that he will work on convincing the court that the beating was the direct reason for the death of his client, after the forensic report results pointed out the reason of death was due to the injuries from the assault.

The victim’s daughter, Hadeer Al-Henawy, previously told Daily News Egypt that if the government allowed the Italian to leave Egypt, her family would sue the government and take all legal measures to sue the suspect in his country.

Topics: Italian man

Advertising Area



https://wwww.dailynewssegypt.com/2017/10/10/italian-man-accused-killing-egyptian-national-referred-trial/
Breaking News

No current breaking news

Receive our daily newsletter
Subscribe