Egypt is well-known for its haphazard driving system which cause traffic congestions and unfortunately accidents, which witnessed an increase in 2013.
The total number of accidents in Cairo and on travel roads in 2013 is 13,957 with a 24% increase from 2012
Total number of accidents on the top four roads:
1. Ring Road 2013: 4,906, a 24% increase from 2012
2. 26 of July Axis 2013: 1,296, a 27% increase from 2012
3. 6 of October Bridge 2013: 1,186, a 4% increase from 2012
4. Autostrad 2013: 1,081, a 28% increase from 2012
Bey2ollak: “We empower people to beat traffic together”.
Bey2ollak, a cross-platform mobile application for people to exchange information about traffic, uses the power of crowd-sourcing, social interaction, localisation and above all, simplicity. Our vision is to provide users with the ideal road companion in the form of an application for their everyday journey!
Bey2ollak is an “award winning” Egyptian start-up (winners of the “NexGen” and the “Start with Google” competitions).
The information provided by Bey2ollak is user-generated.
• Launched virally on 10/10/10 and acquired more than 5,000 registered users on the first day!
• Has Vodafone-Egypt as a current VAS (Value Added Services) partner!
• Currently has over 800,000 registered users!
• Has over 230,000 Facebook fans and over 100,000 Twitter followers!