Spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that China downgraded its travel warning for Egypt on Friday, according to state-run news agency MENA.
The spokesman added that the downgrade comes “in appreciation of Minister Nabil Fahmy’s visit to China”. Fahmy is set to visit Beijing on Saturday morning.
Abdel Atty said the decision is expected to have a positive effect on Chinese tourism to Egypt.
Several countries had imposed travel bans and warnings amid the dispersal of sit-ins in support of former president Mohamed Morsi sit-ins in Rabaa Al-Adaweya and Al-Nahda squares. Many of the countries have lifted their bans since then.