Soup: Carrot soup
Salad: Colorful pasta salad
Appetiser: Fajita stuffed potatoes
Main course: Tagen chicken with onion and turmeric
Molokheya with rabbit
Dessert: Basbousa with dates
4 large baking potatoes – ba-ta-tes
1/2 kg chicken breasts, cut in bites size – so-door fe-rakh
1 medium green pepper, chopped – fel-fel akh-dar
1 medium onion, chopped – ba-sal
2 tbsp butter – zeb-da
1 cup shredded cheddar, or your favourite, cheese – gib-na
2 tbsp sliced olives – za-toon
1 can sweet corn – dor-a
1tbsp soy sauce – sau-se el so-ya
1tbsp vinegar – ghal
1 tbsp lemon juice – a-seer la-moon
garlic powder – bo-dret tom
salt and pepper – malh and fel-fel
- Place the chicken cubes in a bowl and add the soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat the oven on 200C.
- Scrub the potatoes and wrap them in aluminium foil and bake until tender, about an hour.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and sauté the chicken for until semi tender.
- Add the onion, olives, sweet corn and green pepper and stir until mixed well.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and slice the top lengthwise and press on the ends to open.
- Spoon chicken mixture into potatoes and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.