After the low calorie recipes of last month, here is a yummy, low calorie dessert recipe to conclude your diet!
- 1/4 kg strawberries, sliced – fa-raw-la
- 2 tbsp low fat cream cheese – gib-nit kre-ma
- 2 tbsp lemon juice – a-seer li-moon
- 2 tbsp diet sugar – sok-kar re-jeem
- 1 tsp ginger powder – bod-ret zan-ga-beel
- 1/2 brown baguette – a-eesh ba-get bon-ni
- Heat oven to 190C. Cut the bread in diagonal slices. Sprinkle the ginger powder over bread slices. Put the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake until crispy. Leave to cool.
- Add half the quantity of strawberries, the diet sugar and the lemon juice to a non-stick pan. Stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until sauce thickens. Remove from the pan into a blender, mix well and leave to cool.
- Spread the cream cheese over the crisp slices of bread and arrange the fresh sliced strawberries on top. Arrange the slices on a serving platter. Brush the fresh strawberries with the strawberry sauce. Serve immdediately.
- Add additional fruit to taste to the slices of bread before adding the strawberry sauce.
- Fresh mint can be added to the fresh strawberries before the sauce is added.